SimranLaw Mining practice serves as a one-stop shop for mining companies and enterprises serving the industry. We offer our clients comprehensive advice in a wide range of areas, from finance, securities, and merger and acquisition transactions to mine development, environmental, regulatory, health and safety, concessions, arbitration, and litigation matters.
Our clients include both privately and publicly traded mining companies.
Our lawyers in Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana – experts in mining sector – practicing in District Courts, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Supreme Court of India and District Courts in Chandigarh have experience within all areas of mining and minerals, and have advised clients on:
- securities compliance, offerings and M&A transactions for public and private mining companies
- acquisition and sale of mining and mineral interests
- joint venture agreements, prospecting agreements, participation agreements, and memoranda of understanding
- development, construction, and financing of mining projects
- environmental permitting and development of mines and related facilities
- royalties, royalty payment, streaming and related financing
- severance taxes and similar private and governmental burdens on production
- import and export matters, including VAT and tax exemptions
- drafting and negotiating long-term supply contracts
- political risk issues in key jurisdictions
- international arbitration and litigation on behalf of mining companies across the globe
- health and safety and related regulatory matters