NRI Lawyers in Punjab & Haryana High Court at Chandigarh
Our NRI lawyers take special care of our Non Resident Indians (NRI) clients. We understand the stakes that are involved in NRI litigation, false criminal cases against NRI’s because of money and property. We put in the commensurate amount of time and effort into NRI cases. That makes specialized lawyers handling NRI cases the best in the field of Non-Resident-Indian Litigation (NRI legal services). With change in laws, most NRI legal matters can be resolved in less than 6-8 months.
Our NRI lawyers handle cases relating to family and matrimonial disputes, rent matters, civil matters, commercial litigation, financial irregularities, cases regarding illegal possession of NRI property in India and land disputes of NRI’s residing outside India. Our expert lawyers in International Law know the required formalities which can make or break case of an NRI before court of law.
We try to resolve legal issues of our NRI clients without litigation. In case peaceful methods fail, we represent NRI clients ferociously in courts. Our expert NRI lawyers dealing with Non Resident Indians cases have a regular practice in Punjab and Haryana High Court and Supreme Court of India and provide NRI Legal Services throughout India, UK, USA, Canada and other parts of the world.
Apart from litigation, other legal services provided by NRI lawyers in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh relate to:-
Non Resident Indians are harassed by the opposing litigants in India by creating bureaucratic hassles and also by taking help of corrupt police officials. This is especially evident in false First Information Reports which are registered in police stations under section 498-A, 406 and 506 of Indian Penal Code. This may happen to NRIs even after having mutual divorce in a court of foreign jurisdiction like Canadian or Australian or American Court. Another case may be where a property like a house of an NRI is under illegal occupation by a former tenant who refuses to vacate even after legal notice. Our lawyers are expert in Non Resident Indians cases and guide our NRI clients so that they do not end up in such situations. And if they do, our lawyers are experts to get them out of such legal complications which might otherwise take decades to resolve.
SimranLaw NRI Lawyers – when government fails to deliver
Although Governments of Punjab and Haryana declare that they go out of way for NRI Legal Services, but it is a well known fact that the government agencies and institutions are of no real legal assistance to Non Resident Indians and foreign citizens of Indian Origin. Some links of such government agencies are as following:
- Punjab Police NRI Affairs | Contact Us
- Department of NRI Affairs – Government of Punjab, India
- Chandigarh NRI Cell – Official Website of Chandigarh
Instead of approaching police and government departments directly, one should take expert legal advice. According to our past experience with government agencies, the following methods which NRI and foreign citizens use are not fruitful:-
- Emails to Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister or Prime Minister or any politician
- Emails or telephone calls to Director General of Police DGP/ Inspector General of Police IG/ Senior Superintendent of Police SSP/ Deputy Superintendent of Police SSP/ Station House Officer SHO or even Deputy Commissioner DC
- In case of property or land disputes, emails or calls to Tehsildar or Patwari
- Meeting the officials in their offices in person
What actually works in Punjab and Haryana:-
- Legal representations and legal notices sent by senior lawyers expert in NRI laws in Punjab and Haryana
- Complaints to authorities against the officials mentioned above – Corrupt officials are only afraid of senior lawyers who know the fine nuances of Indian legal system
- Applications under Right to Information (RTI) Act – An excellent weapon which NRI must learn to use
- Court cases involving these officials including allegations of corruption if any government officials are corrupt or have demanded bribe from you.